29 September - 2 October 2007
This international conference is hosted by Sands and the Perinatal Institute, on behalf of the International Stillbirth Alliance.
visit the conference website here www.isa2007.org
download the conference flyer here
to register visit the conference site or register directly with Profile Productions
The conference will focus on perinatal loss – the human impact, the causes, and the possibilities for prevention. Its purpose is to gain insights and ideas for future collaborative initiatives to reduce the burden of perinatal death.
This is a rare opportunity to bring together researchers, bereaved families, clinicians, health care professionals and support organisations from many different countries.
Many clinicians and scientists devote much of their working lives to furthering the understanding of adverse pregnancy outcome. Many bereaved parents, knowing the real consequences of baby loss, are committed to improving the care that others who have suffered a loss receive. Both groups have much in common and together can represent a very powerful force for change.
- to present the human consequences of stillbirth and other perinatal loss
- to share information on current activities and research programmes
- to strengthen collaboration on initiatives to reduce perinatal death
- to share knowledge and experience of best practice in care when a baby dies
- to encourage networking and informal exchange.